Monday, December 12, 2005

Morning energy

Well, started the morning rather fast and furious. Laundry, dishwashing (like that one took a lot of energy!), cleaning, etc. Then by 10:00 - meltdown. Had to sit down for a good bit to regain my "get up and go", as my grandmother used to say.

Probably a good thing - having to sit and think for a bit. I do an excellent job of "doing", acting furiously through a day's activities. This gives me terrific reasons not to think about what I'm doing, or even what I really want to do. Riding the crest of daily events and letting the minutiae rule my direction is easier. Stopping to consider what's important and where I really want/need to go at a strategic level is seldom in my browser.

Multiple sclerosis has done a good job in making me slow down and think a bit. Not that I'm glad to have MS. However, I am trying to be a bit more concerned with where my life's headed.

When I get time, that is. I hear the dryer buzzing now, so I'll have to put "thinking" on hold, while I fold clothes.

Oh well, so much for taking charge of the larger picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home