Thursday, September 15, 2005

Forsaken

My God, My God, why have I forsaken you? The very things I do not want to do seem to consume my time and thoughts. How will you forgive me if I cannot forgive myself?
I am so internally focused at this time of need by so many others. Shame engulfs me as shadows in winter. Indeed, it's odd that I feel so cold and quiet in these days of record heat. My purpose wanders, listless, as my keel is broken.
Is there purpose? What am I to do? I need faith, guidance, forgiveness and love.
And the scripture is right - most of all, I need love.

4 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger dwg said...

I once read after another, "We all eventually become like Job." and I think, as well, we all will take up a cross of mortalitiy and suffering and call out as Jesus did, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" But even in the darkest valley, when we can't even see our own hand in front of our face much less the hand of God, we trust by faith that even though, "we walk through the valley of the shadow of death" he is with us. And the scripture assures us that when we condemn ourselves his grace is still greater and able to save. that's why we need grace . . . we don't merit his forgiviness or love. he loves, forgives and graces us with a scandlous grace.

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Joshua and/or Joy said...

we have the same name and we both live in dallas and we both read real live preacher and we have the same blogger layout. wild.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Joshua and/or Joy said...

we have the same name and we both live in dallas and we both read real live preacher and we have the same blogger layout. wild.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home