I'm back!!
okay, I took a vacation for awhile. Actually, a literal vacation with my family. It was my folks' 50th wedding anniversary, so my parents and my brother and I took a long trip, visiting many of the places we lived as a family.
Started with a flight home to meet up with everyone for the trip. I caught myself wishing the clouds out of the way as we landed, so that I could see the city that I grew up in better. Got somewhat testy when they wouldn't move out of the way fast enough. I started noticing some interesting shapes to the clouds, kinda like when I was a kid and we looked for animals in the sky. Then I noticed textures and colors. I realized there was a whole landscape of fantasy and imagination at my window as we descended. Seems I had just started enjoying the skyscape when we broke through the clouds and found the earth hurtling towards us with exhilirating speed.
Made me wonder how many other times I've been anxiously waiting for something to appear and have missed the wonder all around me in the meantime.
Guess now's a good time to start living in the present. Or at least as good a time as any.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home